Adverbial phrases give information on:
• When – Time
• Where – Place
• How – Manner
Can you identify the fronted adverbial in the following sentences? Can you then identify whether it is telling us when, where or how?
1. Patiently, we waited for the show to begin.
2. While the comedian told jokes in the den, a singer performed in the living room.
3. Since I got my new glasses, I can see what I am reading.
4. Quickly, I sold the strawberries.
5. Whenever I go to that mall, I have a hard time finding a parking place.