Put the apostrophe in the correct place in each sentence.
1) Here’s that boys pencil.
2) That’s my mothers best friend.
3) Both cars bumpers got dented.
4) Sallys jacket needs mending.
5) The birds wing is broken.
6) The childrens minibus has arrived.
7) Why is Davids sister crying?
8) The mices tails were cut off.
9) Jamess answer is correct.
10) Who took the boys bicycles?
11) This books last page is missing.
12) The ladies room is over there.
Read this with a partner and use an apostrophe to leave out a letter or letters where you can in some of the words.
If you do not understand something, it is always best to ask for help. What would you do if you broke a finger? You would go to the doctor. He would treat the finger. He would give you good advice. If you did not listen to the doctor, you would be very silly. It is the same in school. We are here to learn things. So when we do not understand something, we should ask for help. That makes sense, does it not?